Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So Here We Are....

Hey! Thanks for joining me. Ever have that little voice inside yourself talk to you? I know you do. Do you listen? And if you listen, do you act on the message? Sometimes "yes" and sometimes "no" is what I'm sure just went through your mind.
Me, too. If it is a reminder of something-I-should-have-done kind of thing I either write it on my list, take care of the "whatever" immediately or just plain forget about it again. Like making a doctor appointment or cleaning the lovely build-up off the shower door or sending the RSVP card back for the next wedding.
But when the those thoughts that enter your consciousness about a friend you haven't spoken to in a while, the relative who lives out of town, an older neighbor who lives alone or someone recovering from an illness or perhaps the loss of a loved one I have found from past experience that you should NEVER wait to react. Those messages are sent and felt in your heart for a reason. Make that call , write that note, send that email. Putting in on the to-do list will cause regret later that you don't want to deal with. That inner urgency is telling you that now is the moment to act. It only takes 10 minutes. But it will make the difference in the rest of someone's life.

1 comment:

That Argo Dude said...

I AGREE! I hear that little voice inside too and I almost always act on it. I'm in the process of changing jobs and it was the voice that told me to do it. It wasn't alien or anything like that, it was more like a gut feeling, a push forward, or a silent whisper urging me to pursue a different course.