Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Perfect Job

We had Chinese for dinner. I like the fortune cookies that are always included. Tend to horde them for myself. I read the sentence printed on the little sliver of white paper. I read it a second time. (It's NOT a good sign when you have to do that, ya know?) This was the message: "The face of nature reflects all of life's ups and downs." HUH?? What the heck does THAT mean? I pondered it for a second or two -- another bad sign, the "pondering" thing -- and became totally annoyed. So the little slip was inhumanely crumpled up and tossed in the wastebasket.

I want that job. Writing quotes for fortune cookies. You can stay in your jammies all day long, plop your fuzzy bunny-slippered feet on the desktop, drink your Pepsi, listen to great music and make up all kinds of esoteric junk. AND GET PAID!!!!!!!! I should have told my parents I wanted to major in journalism in college. Think of how proud they would have been to have a daughter whose insightful wisdoms would have been known throughout the civilized world. Every continent. Every country. Plus "job security". Maybe I should make a career change now. I am confident I could do very well. Very well indeed. Hmmmm. Maybe I should ponder that a bit.....

No comments: