Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Trash Day

Along with the title of 'Queen of Recyling' in this house (and, yes, if you must know I actually do own a fabulous tiara which I wear from time to time), I also proudly wear the mantle of taking care of the weekly trash pick-up. I've decided it's a little bit of a control thing. Really? You'd call it a control thing? What?!?

Well, yeah. I can organize it the way I want to. I can make sure it gets out to the curb on time. I don't have to remind or bug .... or complain..... or bug ......or whine....or push anybody else. I get it done as soon as I get home from work the evening before our scheduled day. I'm efficient, neat and calm (the last being the most important of course). Wow. I sound someone I'd want to hire on a permanent basis for all sorts of jobs.

Just another reason this family darned lucky to have me. Think I better remind them more frequently just how much. Toot my horn every once in a while. But....on second thought maybe I'll just keep operating slightly under the radar. That way I can quietly maneuver in and around, smiling when catching a compliment whenever cast from hither and yon, yet all the while keeping the household humming along on my well-oiled wheels.

Wait~~maybe I should re-think that!

Compliments...or...'My Way'? Hmmmm. 'My Way'...or...Compliments? (give me a sec; juggling/juggling/juggling the these two concepts in my mind....) And here's the Master of Ceremonies with the announcement of the unanimous decision: "The win-ner iiisss... : 'My Way'!!!!" and the crowd goes wild.....!!!!!

No comments: