Saturday, September 18, 2010

A PUSH present

All right. I get that labels change. But this is icky. Really. A push present?

I'm sorry but that is just absolutely disgusting. Sounds like you're being gifted for your role as a brood mare. (I can almost hear the stable groom yelling "NEXT!!!") Where's the love and gentility in that label? Ewww.

It's downright degrading, don't you think? Totally tacky and way too visual for me. It's probably one of the new vocabulary terms being introduced into the 2011 Urban Dictionery being prepared for print. I can just imagine the entry: Push present ( n. poosh prez'ent) 1. a gift given to a woman upon the birth of a child 2. better make it expensive 3. jewelry is always acceptable as well as expected 4. make that 'preferred' instead of acceptable

Think I'll stick with New Mother's gift, thank you very much. Might seem old-fashioned and clumsy to you but conveys the above coarse message in a much more beautiful and feminine and meaningful way, n'est se pas?

No comments: