Saturday, October 31, 2009

Discovering Rima at the-hermitage.uk

I had a recent email conversation with my niece about how one's blog gets promoted thus their readership grows and grows as its own entity or even reaches that magical place called DISCOVERED such as the Julie and Julie spot which became the movie featuring Meryl Streep. How does that happen??

From her perspective the advantage may go to a blogger who spends time connecting with others through reading their pages and in turn inviting these folks to then hook-up to theirs. Thus the network grows and spreads potentially exponentially. When I logged onto to write some last Saturday night I found myself reading a blog listed on the blogspot home page. "The Hermitage" was there under their Most Popular heading. I was intrigued. I wanted to burst beyond the friends/family bubble my writing exists in, peeking into new realms to explore so I dove head-first and clicked into an amazing adventure.

Take a half hour and join me there. (Really. A half hour. And I'm not even being practical with that time frame -- 'a few minutes' is not going to do the trick...not after you relish the first spoonful of the palate that awaits you down Rima's rabbit hole. You just have to go and smile and wonder and shake your head.) You will find yourself peering over my shoulder as I peek over hers as the truck house rambles along the by-ways and hedgerows of she and Tui's adventures.
I wrote to her asking permission to do just that. I received a missive from her the following day, and I quote: "I'm no less chained (or brave actually!) than anyone else, I just chose to live how I wish... we do appreciate the beauty of it of course too! You are welcome to tag along :) Best wishes to you from the house on wheels. Rima"

Have fun -- it will be like your own Alice in Wonderland experience.

No comments: