Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bless My Nose

For the last week and a half I've self-imposed a heaping dose of pressure on myself to get STUFF done. A list of things that's been hanging on the fringes for a while. Not ignored. Simply there for the next day. And the next. Working my rear off to make BIG red checks beside completed tasks. That inevitable angst of the time evaporating too quickly this afternoon made me anxious. Walked outside to take a break.

FRESH MOWED GRASS welcomed my arrival to the out-of-doors. Closed my eyes. Deep breath. Another one. This unexpected gift nudged me to a happy place.

I'm a scent-kind-of-girl. Drives my hubby crazy sometimes -- "Don't you smell ----? You don't?! Really??" "This ---- smells just like ---- tastes." "Here. Smell this. Doesn't that remind you of ---?"

The grass evoked a short list of others I like. While standing there on the sidewalk. To help dig me out of my momentary funk. Let's see. New leather purse smell. New car smell. Walk into a florist shop smell. My friend Anita's house when she bakes her INCREDIBLE biscotti smell. Candles labeled 'Rain' smell.

I'm better. Back at my desk. Going at that dang list again. But at least it 'smells' better. Now.

No comments: